1. Acceptance of terms; Legal compliance
We further reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Materials and/or Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of our Materials and/or Services (or any part thereof). You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Site.
2. Introduction and defined terms
We provide a platform through the Site where certain users may share video, photographic, textual, and other content regarding the culture of Southeast Asia. By submitting your work to The Cultural Media Library/Médiathèque Culturelle, you are offering the public the opportunity to ... All user-supplied content, information, materials, files, communications, documents, text (including writing samples) and images you provide through the Site, are referred to collectively as “User Content.”
“Our Content” or “The Cultural Media Library/Médiathèque Culturelle Content” means all materials provided by us. The terms and conditions expressed in this agreement apply to all users and visitors of this Site, and we may refer to all Site users as “you” or “user.”
3. Intellectual property; Limited license
Except as expressly indicated to the contrary elsewhere on this Site, you may use, view, and download Our Content and User Content available on this Site subject to the following conditions:
Our Content and User Content may be used solely for personal and internal purposes. You may not commercially exploit any of the Site content without express permission from us.
Our Content and User Content may not be modified or altered in any way except by the user who submitted such content or by us.
You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in Our Content or User Content.
We reserve the right to revoke the authorization to view and use Our Content and User Content available on the Site or any portion of it at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon notice from us.
The rights granted to you constitute a license and not a transfer of title.
The rights specified above to view and use Our Content and User Content available on this Site are not applicable to the design or layout of this Site. Elements of this Site are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
4. Trademark information
The trademarks, logos, and service marks, including the “The Cultural Media Library/Médiathèque Culturelle” and “M” trademarks (the “Marks”) displayed on this Site are the property of The Cultural Media Library/Médiathèque Culturelle or other third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of The Cultural Media Library/Médiathèque Culturelle or such third party that may own the Mark.
5. License to the Cultural Media Library/Médiathèque Culturelle for user content
Certain content on the Site accommodate or require User Content. Examples of such user content include videos, photographs, text, and/or other content uploaded by our users. By submitting User Content to any area of the Site you grant us the following type of license: a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to modify and reproduce such User Content for the purposes for which they were uploaded. You also grant us the right to publicly display and perform such User Content on the Site for the purpose for which such User Content was submitted to the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, we reserve the right (but are not obligated) to advertise and promote our services on or through other websites on the Internet without notice and without liability or obligation to you and we may use your User Content to highlight our services.
You agree that you will not submit any User Content to the Site that is in any manner infringing, untrue, or defamatory. Before submitting content or links from other websites you agree to review such sites’ terms and conditions to ensure that your activity on our Site does not violate such terms, and you agree to indemnify us to the extent that we are harmed because of your wrongdoing or violation of this Agreement. Users agree that all submissions must be original and not violate the rights of any third parties.
6. Prohibited communications
You may submit only User Content to or through the Site that is (a) owned by you, (b) submitted with the express permission of the owner or within the scope of the license to such content, or (c) in the public domain. As outlined in more detail below, you are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Site any unlawful, threatening, harassing, libelous, offensive, (including any offensive language or suggestive content, as determined by us), defamatory, obscene, or pornographic materials, including any nude photographs or images, or other materials that would violate any law or the rights of others, including, without limitation, laws against copyright infringement, and rights of privacy and publicity. Violation of these restrictions may result in denial of or limitations on access by you to this Site. Furthermore, if legal action is taken against us for your violations of
More specifically, you understand that you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, your postings to or transmissions through the Site of User Content. When you submit User Content, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display and performance, accessing, downloading and copying of your User Content does not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights of any third party;
- You have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to your User Content;
- Your User Content is not excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable, libelous or slanderous, does not incite, encourage or threaten immediate physical harm against another, does not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- Your User Content does not violate any applicable child pornography law or otherwise intended to protect the health or wellbeing of minors;
- Your User Content does not violate any applicable law designed to regulate electronic advertising;
- Your User Content does not constitute, contain, install or attempt to install or promote spyware, malware or other computer code designed to enable you or others to gather information about or monitor the online or other activities of another party on or through the Site;
- Your User Content does not contain any defamatory material;
7. Managing content and communications
8. Personal information and privacy
You understand and agree that we may disclose information about you if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Cultural Media Library/Médiathèque Culturelle or others.
9. Indemnity and liability